|A portrait taken from an art by UDON artist Omar-Dogan|
|Edit base||Phantom.of.the.Server's Shin Gouki|
|Graphics Origin||Capcom vs. SNK|
|Date of first public release||2008|
Look at the size of these footprints!—Steve Martin (voiced by Raymond Burr) reacts to one of ways Rare Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu ends., clip from Godzilla, King of the Monsters!
Being a superpowered joke edit, this character has twice as health that slowly regenerates and is immune to throws and projectile attacks as the latter bounce off him. He retains most of Shin Gouki's moveset albeit heavily superpowered. His comboability is off the roof with being able to cancel every single basic attack (themselves enhanced with super speed and since the latest update his non-aerial medium and fierce ones proppel him a bit) even on whiff, every single special move into another special move and even super moves into another. All of his moves can hit downed opponents. His guard is replaced with a parry. He can randomly burst out of opponent's attacks and can even ressurect himself once shall his health somehow drop to zero. Matches involving Rare Akuma tend to get interrupted with narrations of Raymond Burr, sampled from his lines as Steve Martin from Godzilla movies.
| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains details about something that's best experienced (or at least witnessed) yourself before reading about it.
As this character's movelist is not included in the readme, for the sake of this article most of the moves will be reffered by the names of Shin Gouki's moves, regardless of how much Rare Akuma's moves deviate from the Shin Gouki moves they replace.
- Akuma shoots an Orochi Skull at his opponent that hits 8 times. He can charge this move up which results in shooting a giant Orochi Skull that can be remote controlled. Has a random chance of shooting a mini-Akuma that would assist him for a period of time.
- Akuma farts out an aformentioned mini-Akuma.
- Akuma does a Shoryuuken. If he does it high enough, this move has a random chance of hitting a Duck off-screen, which can hit the opponent as it falls down.
- Akuma shoots two Orochi Skulls mid-air.
- Akuma does a spinning kick. Aside from being cancelable into other special moves, it's not too different from the usual shotoclone fare.
- A teleportation move that can warp through the screen.
- Akuma rolls forward as a few of smaller homing Orochi Skulls are spawned out of him.
- Akuma shoots out a beam that if unblocked transforms his opponent into food. His opponent can still move as food but can't do anything else. The transformation is either dispelled or as soon as (s)he gets hit.
- A counter move that upon counter has Rare Akuma teleport behind his opponent (with a kawarimi spawning in his old place).
- Akuma morphs into his SF3 appearance and does a Kamehameha.
- Akuma does a Shoryuuken that warps through the ceiling 9 times.
- Akuma does a spinning kick that teleports behind the opponent with every kick.
- Akuma shoots out lots of Orochi Skulls from the sky.
- Akuma does a divekick. He then divekicks his opponent few more times when the first one hits.
- Akuma dashes back offscreen and rolls a Katamari on his opponent.
- Akuma rises his fist and shoot out a number of Orochi Skulls to the sky that drop onto his opponent.
- Akuma jumps up and drops a moon (or a Death Star) onto his opponent and Tatsumaki kicks the object with the victim inside.
- Akuma summons multiple clones to drop down on his opponent just to teleport and drop down himself on his opponent.
- Akuma teleports behind the opponent and grabs him doing something unspeakable. It can end in three ways and it's always an instant kill.
- Akuma stops time for a while.
- Akuma floats up and explodes, killing both himself and his opponent in an ublockable fullscreen instant kill attack.